Please view the publications made possible by our research efforts. Only through these research efforts, will we be able to learn more about inherited cancer health disparities, and determine how to better manage Black women with inherited breast and ovarian cancer.
- Reid S, et al. (2020). Disparities in BRCA counseling across providers in a diverse population of young breast cancer survivors. Genet Med, [Online ahead of print].
- Conley C, et al. (2020) The Big Reveal: Family Disclosure Patterns of BRCA Genetic Test Results Among Young Black Women With Invasive Breast Cancer. J Genet Couns, [Online ahead of print].
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2017). Health-related quality of life in Black breast cancer survivors with and without triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). Breast Cancer Res Treat, 163(2):331-342.
- Cragun D, et al. (2017). Racial disparities in BRCA testing and cancer risk management across a population-based sample of young breast cancer survivors. Cancer, 123(13):2497-2505.
- Pal T, et al. (2015). A High Frequency of BRCA Mutations in Young Black Women with Breast Cancer from Florida. Cancer, 121(23):4173-4180.
- Cragun D, et al. (2015). Factors Associated with Genetic Counseling and BRCA Testing in a Population-based Sample of Young Black Women with Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 151(1):169-76.
- Pal T, et al. (2011) Recruitment of Black women for a study of inherited breast cancer using a Cancer Registry-Based Approach. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers, 15(1-2):69-77.
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2011). Development of a Brochure for Increasing Awareness of Inherited Breast Cancer in Black Women. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers, 15(1-2):59-67.
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2010). Updating and Refining a Study Brochure for a Cancer Registry-Based Study of BRCA Mutations among Young African American Breast Cancer Patients: Lessons Learned. J Community Genet, 1(2):63-71.
- Permuth-Wey J, et al. (2010). Development of a Culturally Tailored Genetic Counseling Booklet about Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer for Black Women. Am J Med Genet, 152A(4):836-45.
- Pal T, et al. (2010). Evaluation of phone-based genetic counseling in Black women using culturally-tailored visual aids. Clin Genet, 78(2):124-131.