Please view the publications made possible by our research efforts. Only through these research efforts, will we be able to learn more about inherited cancer health disparities, and determine how to better manage Black women with inherited breast and ovarian cancer.
- Conley C, et al. (2022). Socioeconomic Disparities in Psychosocial Service Recommendation and Receipt among Young Black Breast Cancer Survivors. Support Care Cancer, 30(7):5557-5560.
- Wang F, et al. (2022). Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Mortality Related to Access to Care for Major Cancers in the United States. Cancers (Basel), 14(14):3390.
- Moore J, et al. (2022). Oncotype DX Risk Recurrence Score and Total Mortality for Early-Stage Breast Cancer by Race/Ethnicity. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 31(4):821-830.
- Sanderson M, et al. (2021). A Pooled Case-only Analysis of Reproductive Risk Factors and Breast Cancer Subtype Among Black Women in the Southeastern United States. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 30(7):1416-1423.
- Reid S, et al. (2021). Impact of molecular subtype and race on HR+, HER2- breast cancer survival. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 189(3):845-852.
- Read S, et al. (2020). Disparities in Genetic Testing and Care among Black women with Hereditary Breast Cancer. Curr Breast Cancer Rep, 12(3):125-131.
- Palmer J, et al. (2020). Contribution of Germline Predisposition Gene Mutations to Breast Cancer Risk in African American Women. J Natl Cancer Inst, 112(12):1213-1221.
- Conley C., et al. (2020). Patterns and covariates of benefit finding in young Black breast cancer survivors: A longitudinal, observational study. Psychooncology, 29(7):1115-1122.
- Conley C, et al. (2020). Acceptability and outcomes of multigene panel testing among young Black breast cancer survivors. Breast J, 26(10):2112-2114.
- Reid S, et al. (2020). Disparities in BRCA counseling across providers in a diverse population of young breast cancer survivors. Genet Med, 22(6):1088-1093.
- Conley C, et al. (2020) The Big Reveal: Family Disclosure Patterns of BRCA Genetic Test Results Among Young Black Women With Invasive Breast Cancer. J Genet Couns, 29(3):410-422.
- Reid S, et al. (2020) Strategies to enhance identification of hereditary breast cancer gene carriers. Expert Rev Mol Diagn, 20(9):861-865.
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2017). Health-related quality of life in Black breast cancer survivors with and without triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). Breast Cancer Res Treat, 163(2):331-342.
- Cragun D, et al. (2017). Racial disparities in BRCA testing and cancer risk management across a population-based sample of young breast cancer survivors. Cancer, 123(13):2497-2505.
- Pal T, et al. (2015). A High Frequency of BRCA Mutations in Young Black Women with Breast Cancer from Florida. Cancer, 121(23):4173-4180.
- Cragun D, et al. (2015). Factors Associated with Genetic Counseling and BRCA Testing in a Population-based Sample of Young Black Women with Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 151(1):169-76.
- Pal T, et al. (2011) Recruitment of Black women for a study of inherited breast cancer using a Cancer Registry-Based Approach. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers, 15(1-2):69-77.
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2011). Development of a Brochure for Increasing Awareness of Inherited Breast Cancer in Black Women. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers, 15(1-2):59-67.
- Vadaparampil ST, et al. (2010). Updating and Refining a Study Brochure for a Cancer Registry-Based Study of BRCA Mutations among Young African American Breast Cancer Patients: Lessons Learned. J Community Genet, 1(2):63-71.
- Permuth-Wey J, et al. (2010). Development of a Culturally Tailored Genetic Counseling Booklet about Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer for Black Women. Am J Med Genet, 152A(4):836-45.
- Pal T, et al. (2010). Evaluation of phone-based genetic counseling in Black women using culturally-tailored visual aids. Clin Genet, 78(2):124-131.